Midterm Project

Two posts in one day. Look at me!! Just kidding but for my midterm for my Fashion Illustration class, I had to develop a small fashion collection based on a trend we were assigned to. After receiving the trend we could research images online and in magazines, gather fabric swatches, and do free sketches. I created 3 outfits on fashion figures using colored pencils and markers. My designs reflected my mood board.

The theme I was assigned

Moodboard
I choose to go with a futuristic theme based of the colors I was assigned. The 90's cartoon The Jetsons were a reference point for my designs. 

The final sketches

In the end I was very happy with my capsule collection. The colors are complementary to the theme and my models skin color. Even though blue was not apart of the original theme, I decided to use it as an accent color so that it would not be so monochromatic with all the yellow and brown shades. 


Comments