Critical K Magazine

I say this waaaaaaayyyyyyyy to often on my posts but long time no post. School is hectic as usual but I wanted to update on my assignments. For my CAD class final, I had to create a magazine using all of my work from the semester. Although it scared me at first, I really enjoyed this assignment. I always enjoyed graphic design, but unfortunately I do not get to do it as often as I would like. This assignment was mainly working on layouts using Adobe Photoshop so it gave me a lot time to work on improving my editing skills. So here it is.

On the left is the back cover
Adobe Illustrator to create lips motif and Photoshop to create spiral prints
On the right is the front cover
Adobe Photoshop to create pop art print
On the left table of contents
On the right is the reflection for the entire project
Novelty prints that I created using Adobe Photoshop

Fake ad for Public Desire 
I used Adobe Illustrator to create fashion flats of the shoes and Adobe Photoshop to create the plaid prints and layout of the ad

Ads for fake brands by me
On the left is Wicked: a luxury Halloween brand
On the right is Khala Koolaid: a casual hat brand

On the left are prints by me created with Adobe Photoshop
On the right are flats of bags made with Adobe Illustrator for the fake brand BAG LADY HEAVEN

Fake ad for Dinka: a traditional African jewelry brand
On the right is a photo of Busua, Ghana

Fake ad for island clothing

Fake ad for Modern Military brand

Fake ad for a contemporary jewelry brand: Skines and Things

Fake ad for a guest collection for Maison Chateau Rogue

Before this project, I do not think I ever considered working for a fashion magazine but I definitely am now. I would like to do more with graphic design. By working on this assignment I was able to improve my editing and layout skills by playing around with the Photoshop tools. I want to continue to work like this in the future, not only in class but in my career whatever that may be.

Hope you enjoyed